top of page


Worried about paying bills?

Talk to your utility service providers.
Talk to your G.P. practice - ask to be referred to a social prescriber/community connector.

Avoid Loan Sharks!

General advice and assistance

The Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS)                                      Norfolk CAB

MoneyHelper                                                                              Stepchange

Energy costs

Money Saving Expert (MSE)                                                       Ask Bill    

National Energy Action (NEA)                                                    Warm and Well    

SCOPE                                                                                          AGE UK

Food costs

Trussell Trust                                                                                  Nourishing Norfolk

Foodbanks                                                                                     Community Fridges

Low cost/free meals                       Norwich                                 Elsewhere

Too Good To Go                                                                            Olio

Sanitary Products and Toiletries

Libraries                                          Tricky Period and Toiletries             Morrisons A package for Sandy  

Water & sewage charges

Anglian Water    Help    

Broadband & telephone costs – social tariffs

Ofcom                                                                                              Money Saving Expert (MSE)

For further help

Norfolk County Council Living Support Scheme

Norfolk Community Foundation Household Support Fund    grants up to £100 per household

Support from Boroughs/Districts:    Breckland           Broadland and South Norfolk            Great Yarmouth  

Kings Lynn and West Norfolk           North Norfolk    Norwich
Oct. 22

A helping hand for South Norfolk residents


South Norfolk Council recognise how important it is for our elderly residents to stay in their own homes for as long as possible and sometimes a small change can make a big difference.


The Council’s Handyperson+ scheme supports residents with a wide range of small household repairs and minor adaptation work. The experienced team can help with many tasks including fitting key safes, fall prevention adaptions, smoke alarms, grab rails and better lighting. They can also offer advice on staying warm during cold weather. As well as small works, the handyperson will chat to residents during a visit to see if they would benefit from any additional help. They have an in-depth knowledge of grants, allowances and services a resident may be eligible for.


In addition, the team can direct residents to relevant community support, including social clubs or events in the local area to help combat loneliness.


You may be eligible for the service free of charge if;

·       You are over 65

·       Have a long-term condition or disability AND

·       Receive either Housing Benefit, Guaranteed Pension Credit or Universal Credit.


You may be eligible for our handyperson service with an hourly charge of £10.32 if;

·       You are over 65 AND

·       Have a long-term condition or disability


You may be eligible for our handyperson service with an hourly charge of £20.78 if;

·       You are under 65 you have no long-term condition or disability.


This does not include the cost of any materials.


To contact the Council to request the Handyperson+ service please call 01508 505284, or email:


If you are looking for a footpath, don't just rely on the O.S. Maps, but search on the internet and type: Definitive Map Norfolk, then select: Map and Statement of Public Rights of Way in Norfolk, then select: View the interactive map.  It is then possible to zoom in to any part of Norfolk and find all the listed Definitive footpaths that are available.  It is also possible to change Norfolk to any part of the country which is very useful when you go to a different area. People are walking their dogs over fields that do not have footpaths. It is important that walkers understand that fields with a fallow strip are not official rights of way or footpaths and must not be used unless there is a footpath sign.

Bunwell Playground Equipment

Can you help to look after Bunwell Playground?

Our Playground is looking a bit tired and unloved, and it would be great if some residents could help by routine cleaning, painting, clearing weeds etc.

All the repairs are undertaken professionally but a ‘spruce up’ would make it look so much better.

Cllr John Chapman, Phil Gledhill and Richard Hoolahan have said they will oversee the tasks required and offer advice, as well as obtain the necessary materials.

It is envisaged that if perhaps a dozen people would be willing to give up say 3 hours a month, then most jobs would soon be completed and then a little and often tidy up would be sufficient.

If you would like to help, please contact the Parish Clerk

bottom of page