top of page



CIL Payments

How much money is paid to Local Council’s?

Where CIL payments have been made within a parish a proportion will go to the relevant Local Council. (25% where there is a neighbourhood plan and 15%, subject to a maximum of £100 per dwelling in any reporting year, elsewhere). This will be paid by the 28th October and 28th April for the receipts from the previous six month period. (Reg 59A)

Local Councils can request that the payment is retained by the District Council (Reg 59A (12))


What can Local Council’s spend the money on?

Local Councils can use the money received from CIL receipts to support the development of their area by funding the provision, improvement, replacement, operation or maintenance of infrastructure or anything else which is concerned with addressing the demands that new development places on an area. (Reg 59C)


When does it have to be spent?

Where the money paid to a Local Council has not been used within 5 years of receipt, South Norfolk Council may recover the CIL receipts from the local council (Reg 59E).


Policies and Procedures

The Parish Council maintains a set of policy, procedure and reporting documents to help it carry out its duties effectively and to comply with regulations.


These are all available in PDF format on the Policies page of this website. 

These include: 

  • Data Protection​

  • Code of Conduct

  • Standing Orders

and many more.

Financial Documents are also available for viewing on the Finance page of this website.  Here you will find:


  • Annual Audit Documents

  • Financial Regulations

  • Financial Policies

Contract Review

The Council Tax Precept


The precept is the parish council’s share of the council tax.  The precept demand goes to the billing authority, South Norfolk District Council, which collects the tax for the Parish Council. The 'Precept' is converted into an amount per Council Tax Band that is added onto the Council Tax bill.  Income and expenditure for the next financial year are calculated in the form of estimates. 


Parish and town councils can apply for other funding such as grant and funding awards, but they do not receive funds direct from central government as principal authorities do. 

bottom of page